html

Saturday, July 31, 2010

7.28.10 The War

I'm walking along streets that look like East Germany. It is silent. I see some kids running around some cement houses, theyre spying on me, playing around. They come up to me and we communicate with our eyes. One of them hands me an old stuffed bunny rabbit with long ears. I give it a big hug. All of a sudden, a bomb goes off and there is fire in the streets. Three middle eastern men dressed nicely come and grab me, they're taking me away to a place that is safe, they say. I try to fight them off at first as I don't know who they are, but they say they are protecting me from the war. 'What war?' I ask. He explains that the Ishamelites and the Isaacs (who call themselves Israelies but are not) have been in war and now I am a witness. He shows me how the people on the other side (the Isaacs) have been instigating war for a very long time. He says he is Lebanese, and he knows I am Lebanese, too. We we are family,' he says, 'but they consider us an enemy.'' He tells me to duck and stay in a small cubby hole for a while. I look around. This is an old cement building, with large windows, no glass. A couple stories high. The men run around and gather the children together, making sure they are safe. But then I say to him, 'i cannot stay here, i have to leave. i have somewhere to be.' The nice Lebanese man, whose name I don't remember, tells me he is afraid for me, but I tell him that there is nothing to worry about, and that I will always be protected in the same way that they helped me. I leave, and I begin to walk, still holding the toy rabbit in my hands. Bombs go off in every and each way, but I keep walking. I get to my old pool, where I used to live in Flagler in Miami. I remember telling some people that I wanted give the bunny back then and that I was thankful to the child who let me have him. I remember the Czar came down to talk to me, but I don't remember anything else.
Analysis: The children represent innocence. The bunny rabbit signifies a sense of security (like a security blanket). For the most part, I believe I had this dream because just before going to bed, I saw a news article that mentioned 'US gives Israel 'ok' to take out Iran,' or something along those lines, which was imprinted in my subconscious. It accounts for the wars between the biblical brothers, Isaac and Ishmael. Biblically, Isaac always waged war against Ishamel because he was the oldest heir, and of royal blood (Hagar), although the Bible portrays her as a maidservant. Because I am Lebanese, my roots lay within ancient Canaan and Mesopotamia and I can feel the waves of war that have continually been waged throughout the ages, but I must remember to not get caught up in it, and continue to move forward, with guidance and protection as promised. My old neighborhood signifies a time in my life that i really enjoyed. The pool was always the "base" whenever we would play Hide and Go Seek. The wanting to give the bunny back is symbolic of me being secure within myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment