html

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

7.20.10: The Dividing Bridge and the Place of Serenity

I'm in a car with a few friends from middle/high school (Sandy, Stephanie, some others)...
We're driving on a bridge, but are stuck in traffic. Everyone gets out of their cars. People are pacing around trying to make phone calls but it seems the services are down. They decide to get some food while I wait in the car. All of a sudden, a meteor crashes into the middle of the bridge, breaking it in two. We're separated and everyone becomes frantic. They are on one side and I'm on the other. I remember crying for my friends, telling them to cross over quickly before their side of the bridge falls. The side they were on had dropped and was continuing to drop into highly toxic water. But they didn't seem to care. In fact, Sandy got mad that I was pressuring her to cross over. It made me a little sad, but I had no choice but to let them be. Stephanie was confused as to why she would be upset but didn't question. I just let them be.

Something tells me to go to India. I began to see Hindi families eating meals together and praying. Something tells me to walk, telling me I will come to this place. Stephanie decides to come, she wants to cross over. I help her get to the side I'm on. I jumped over giant rocks on the water, and climb vines to help her up. We get on top on the bridge where there's a giant crack that leads to the road. We start walking this road for miles, days pass. We are tired, dirty and starving. I see a little Indian restaurant, Punjabbi, it was called. It had neon lights. We go in, and I see the family eating and praying just as I had envisioned. I ask them about India, I think they said that was India.
I remember feeling confused by the serenity and peace found in this little restaurant when the rest of the outside world was suffering and dying. As I awoke, I realized the significance of environment and how it affects our well being. Outside the doors of the restaurant was chaos, but inside, it was like a safe haven,  like a sanctuary. Then I heard my guide's voice say 'this is why it is important for you to join with others like you, who understand and care about the process of creation.'



Analysis:
The bridge is symbolic of a fork with two paths. Punjabbi, which I did not previously know at the time, is an actual place in India. Perhaps it signifies the importance of death and rebirth as the Hindi religion is very in tune with this aspect of life. What the guide says at the end of the dream is directional in the sense that comfort will be found in others who believe the same way i do.

His saying also reminded me of the difference between giving birth with a doctor under bright florescent lights and tons of people in the room (my first daughter's birth) compared to a very private setting with soft lighting and a midwife (my second daughter's birth). In other words, atmosphere and what the vibrating frequency in that atmosphere is makes all the difference between viewing these times as catastrophic or as a a natural act of nature, and not one to be feared.

No comments:

Post a Comment